Eligibility for Your Start Up Loan through Enterprise Northern Ireland
As all start up loans through ENI are government backed and offered with the intent of boosting the Northern Irish economy, there are criteria which need to be met for all individuals and businesses who are looking to apply.
This ensures that the loan money is being supplied to the right businesses, reduces the risk of non-payment and ensures that all those who receive the loan have access to the offers and support which are included as part of the loan scheme. These support services include assistance with formulating your business plan, post-loan mentoring and a range of special offers which help with the costs of starting up a business.
All applicants and their businesses need to be able to satisfy the following list of strict criteria in order to proceed. If there is an aspect that you don’t satisfy, unfortunately you are not eligible and your application will be rejected.
- You must be a resident in the UK and over 18 years of age.
- You must not be currently bankrupt or subject to an Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
- You must be able to supply evidence that you cannot secure funding through a high street bank.
- You must be able to demonstrate by means of a business plan and cash flow forecast, a commercially viable business proposal, including information which demonstrates how the loan will be paid back.
In addition, all new or start up businesses must satisfy the following criteria:
- The business has to be based within Northern Ireland.
- It must be legal, moral, non-discriminatory and must not undertake any activity which may offend public taste in any manner.
Once you have checked that you are eligible for a start up loan through ENI, get in touch with us by either telephone or via our contact form to receive an application form through the post. Please check that you satisfy all of the above criteria before contacting us to avoid wasting your own time and the disappointment of likely being rejected. In your application form, you will be asked to provide evidence that you satisfy each part of the criteria.
Starting a business and need finance? Then a Start Up Loan through Enterprise NI could be for you – take advantage of all the offers we have available.
Call us now on 028 7776 3555
Or contact us to request an application form.